For your Children
Here is an interesting article that gives you the top five toys to share with your child in order to encourage learning and development.
To state the author's points here:
1. A plush toy (at birth) helps with the child's sensory development. In fact, the more "unfinished" the toy is, the better. This is because it is supposed to help the child with his/er imagination.
2. Books (from birth) is quite self-explanatory.
3. Building blocks (from age one). Its flexibility helps a child to stay interested in this for long.
4. Animals (from age nine months and upwards): For voice imitation.. and by the way, the author wasn't referring to real animals
5. Art (from age eighteen months and upwards): I recommend this for people of all ages infact! Doodle your way!!