Toys for Boys
Girls are easy, but what do boys want? Cars? Trucks? Or Robots? Boys like toys that are action driven. The theory is that boys like toys that allow them to be masculine. Typical wish list of a boy aged 3 to 8 year is likely to include robots, cars, trucks, track sets, collectible figures and video games.
Top 6 categories that makes it to the boy’s wish list -
(1) Cars – Boys enjoy playing with cars from an early age. Infants need to be given big chunky cars. Cars which they can hold easily and play with. As boys grow older they prefer sleeker and cool cars. Hot Wheels becomes a choice then. They start collecting cars. A Hot Wheels track set makes for an ideal gift. They are sure to adore it.
(2) Construction Set – Got little engineer’s at home? Construction toys are great to develop a child’s logical and motor skills. For younger boys in the age group of 3-5 years construction sets with large bolts, nuts and pieces is suitable. But for older boys a more complex construction set would be appropriate, like a Meccano.
(3) Robots – Selecting a gift for a boy? Robots are always a good option. My favorite is the WowWee Robosapien. This is a great robot that can walk, talk and run. A cool feature is that the robot picks up things with the press of a button.
(4) Remote Control Toys – Boys love remote control toys. Remote control cars especially those themed to superheros are a big hit. Boys will love the Avengers or Spiderman themed cars. And for little pranksters a remote control creature is a great idea.
(5) Track Sets – Track Sets and launchers are enjoyed by little older boys. They love the cars that accelerate with speed and action. Challenging other kids for a race becomes a fun activity with the track set toys.
(6) Video Games – All boys whether big or small love Video Games. Video Games today can be educative too! Like the Leapfrog Leapster 2. This is a handheld device that has a color touch screen. The Leapster library includes games that require kids to identify numbers and letters. It can also be connected to the internet for advanced play.
It is simple! Keep these few basic categories in mind and you are sure to select a toy little boys will love.
This post was posted in Others